Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why I built a house for Ohakim, by Okorocha

Imo State Governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha has said his decision to build a Guest House for his predecessor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, and other former governors was informed by the provision of the law, which stipulates such gesture for former governors.

Okorocha explained this while interacting with leaders from Ohakim’s local government area, Isiala Mbano. 
He said he has forgotten about all that happened before and during the 2011 governorship election and is concentrating on developing the state.

Okorocha said: “I do not have any problem with the people of Isiala Mbano, because you are my brothers and friends. In fact, as I speak, I have built a Guest House for Ohakim, whom I still regard as my brother, Chief Achike Udenwa, the late Chief Evan Enwerem and the late Sam Mbakwe, as stipulated by the law of the state.”

He said his administration would treat all councils equally. 
The governor explained that the idea of Community Government Council is to decentralise power and exploit untapped resources in rural areas to speed up development at the grassroots.

No comments:

Post a Comment